- Openreach will install an ONT (Optical Network Termination) device at your premises.
- The ONT device must be connected to your router’s WAN port via an ethernet cable.
- Please note that your router will require a WAN port capable of supporting PPPoE.
- For FTTP services above 100Mbps, you will require a Gigabit WAN port on your router and sufficient router performance in order to support the full speed of your connection.
Generic Router Settings
- PPP Username & password: This will be provided in your Cerberus documentation.
- MTU: 1492
- VLANs: It is not necessary to apply any VLANs in order to establish your FTTP internet connection.
- IPv4 Address: Please do not manually enter an IP addresses on the WAN interface of your router as this should be automatically picked up via the PPP connection.
- IPv6 Considerations: In addition to your public IPv4 address, we will automatically provide you with a /56 IPv6 subnet.
- DNS Servers: These will be obtained automatically as part of the PPP connection. Our public DNS servers are as follows:
- IPv4: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- IPv6: 2a01:5d00:0:40::3 and 2a01:5d00:0:41::3
For further advice and assistance, please contact our 24/7 support team:
Live chat: https://www.cerberusnetworks.co.uk
-Please select the ‘Get in touch’ option at the top-right corner of the main webpage.
Phone: 0345 257 1335