The following details the steps to prepare your broadband router ready for use with the Cerberus NetSTATS broadband monitoring service.
It is recommended that you connect your computer directly to the device to make the configuration changes although depending on your network topology this may not be necessary. Connecting directly to the router may require you to change the IP address of your computer to be able to contact the router on its management IP. Please review configuration support documentation for your own operating system on how to do this.
Once connected to the router follow the steps below:
- Access the router web interface visiting the following default URL (or other IP address that you have configured on the router) in your web browser.
- Using the menu, navigate to Access Management
- Click on SNMP.
- Once you’re in the Management window, tick the SNMP option Activated
- In the field Get Community, set the new SNMP Read Community String. This should be at least 8 characters long and a secure combination of letters and numbers. This is the value that will be used to gather data using NetSTATS.
- In the field Set Community, set the new SNMP Write Community String. This should be at least 8 characters long and a secure combination of letters and numbers. This value is not used but must be secure to protect admin access to the router.
- Click the SAVE button to save the configuration you have made.
- Configuration is now complete. You can now close your web browser.