The following details the steps you need to make your router ready for use with the Cerberus NetSTATS broadband monitoring service.
It is recommended that you connect your computer directly to the device to make the configuration changes. This may require you to change the IP address of your computer to be able to contact the router on its management IP. Please review configuration support documentation for your own operating system on how to do this.
Once connected to the router follow the steps below.
- Access the router web interface using the default IP address by visiting in your web browser.
- Using the menu on the left hand side navigate to System Maintenance and then click on Management. Once you’re in the Management window. Tick the option Enable SNMP Agent, and then in the field Get Community set the SNMP Read Community String.
- Check the Allow management from the Internet check box.
- You will also need to ensure that ping feature has been enabled on the router by removing the tick from the option Disable PING from the Internet.
- Configuration is now complete. You can now close your web browser.